Note to Visitors
Much of the material on this site is drawn from work done on two MUSHes, both now since closed -- Dark Between the Stars and the original Fading Suns MUSH. Most of it was generated by me or by Lextius/Tholumiyelos, but the nature of a collaborative forum like a MUSH means that many had a hand in some of that legacy work. In some cases, the material I've posted up was written a long time ago, and I now have some doubts about what I wrote. In those cases, I've commented on the article's talk page.
Users must register and be logged-in to edit the wiki, though registration is open to all - but to avoid vandalism, you'll need to contact me to get a username.
- Noble Ranks -- A discussion of each of the noble ranks and their ordinary characteristics.
- The Myth of House Farfenugen -- A short essay on the autonomy of nobles.
- Power, Precedence and Respect -- A short essay on the relationship between power and precedence.
- The Etiquette of Proportional Warfare -- Why border disputes don't become interstellar wars.
- The Emperor and House Hawkwood -- Why Emperor Alexius I keeps his distance from his family.
- Mantis Knights -- Thoughts on House Decados' rivals to the Questing Knights, the Order of the Mantis.
- Religion and the Church -- In-depth on the Universal Church of the Celestial Sun
- Guild Structure -- The triple nature of a merchant guild as labor union, trade association and political organization.
- Banks and Banking -- How the banking system and the Reeve, Brother Battle and Imperial banks work.
- Electors of the Empire -- Some details on elector rods.
- Elector Rod Math -- What happened to the 40 Elector Rods Vladimir created?
- Law Courts in the Known Worlds -- The various sorts of courts and what they decide.
- Science and Technology -- The outlines of a world without science.
- Squawkers -- Communications devices and how they function.
- Elixir -- The Second Republic wonder drug and what it can and can't heal.
- Interstellar Communications -- How one gets a message from Leminkainen to Byzantium Secundus.
- Void Travel -- Why it takes a long time to get from one planet to another.
- The Ukari and Society -- How society views the Ukari. (Hint: it doesn't like them.)
- Psi and You -- Cultural attitudes towards psi and psychics.
- Hagiography -- A listing of saints of the Universal Church.
- VPS with TNs -- A simple but substantial change to the VPS system that adds Target Numbers.
- Armor and High-Tech Weapons -- Armor is less effective against bullets and high-tech weapons. Replaces the "Deadlier Guns" rule from the core book.
- Strength Damage -- Strength provides extra damage sooner. Also, a bonus for using weapons two-handed.
- XP Chart -- A redone XP chart.
- High Goals -- Goals above 18 still add successes.
- Economy System -- This was the economy system we used online, which we're working on adapting to tabletop. It's too complicated right now.
- Family and Glory -- Our current epic about a Hazat family.
- Seven Sinners -- A short-lived epic about the Hawkwoods.
Resources and External Links
- The Fading Suns Listserv FAQ -- The FAQ includes summaries of rule changes between 1st and 2nd Edition as well as Q&A with the game designers.
- Fading Suns Timeline